Stories bring life to the causes we all fight for – especially when testifying in front of D.C. City Councilmembers. Join the ACLU-DC for an afternoon of creation with the Storytelling For Advocacy Workshop on March 20, 12 - 1:30pm. Our focus this month will be testifying during the District Council’s Performance and Oversight Hearings and Roundtables, where residents and advocates have the opportunity to make their views known and have them incorporated into the official committee record.
During this workshop we will cover:
- Why is your advocacy needed?
- Storytelling Tips
- Watch sample testimony to Council
- 7 Steps To Storytelling for Advocacy
- Tips and template for written, oral, and recorded testimony
- Upcoming dates for important Council Hearings