The unchecked use of surveillance technologies by District agencies have created oppressive environments in which residents throughout D.C. are monitored and watched, often without their knowledge.
The Community Oversight of Surveillance - D.C. (COS-DC) coalition invites you to a town hall discussion where community leaders and technology and legal experts will discuss how District residents can bring more transparency and oversight to the D.C. government's acquisition and use of surveillance technologies.
- Sandy Fulton, Government Relations Director, Free Press
- Neema Singh Guliani, Senior Legislative Counsel, ACLU
- April Goggans, Core Organizer, Black Lives Matter D.C.
- Jake Laperruque, Senior Counsel, Project on Government Accountability
- Harlan Yu, Executive Director, Upturn
Learn more about the COS-DC campaign at acludc.org/cosdc.
Light refreshments and child care will be provided.